About a week ago Don Jazzy unveiled a new artiste Rema signed to his record label. The new kid on the block is the latest addition to the record label some weeks after Mavin Records received multimillion dollar investment from Kupanda Holdings.
Here are a few things you need to know about Jonzing World/Mavin Records artiste Rema.
- Rema’s real name is Divine Ekubor.
- He hails from Benin City in Edo State.
- His interest in music started from rapping in church and at school.
- He is an 18-year-old rapper and singer whose music borders around Afrobeat, Trap and Alternative genres.
- He was first discovered by Nigerian musician D’Prince CEO Jonzing World.
- He was signed to Jonzing World and Mavin Records on 22nd March 2019.
- Currently, he has released his debut EP titled after him ‘Rema’ on digital stores and platform.
- He provided additional vocals on DJ Tunez Afropop jam ‘Turn Up’ featuring Wizkid and Reekado Banks.
The ‘Dumebi’ crooner expressed his feeling about joining Jonzing World,
“It still feels like a dream. It is such a blessing for me to be chosen for something great, and given a platform as big as Mavin global and a team as supportive as Jonzing World to enable me to achieve my career objectives in music. I am super excited about what the future holds.”
- Wizkid, Reekado Banks, Skiibii Sound Like Me – Rema
- After Reekado Banks Exit; Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records Gets Multi-Million Dollar Investment
- Davido Endorses Rema’s Tune ‘Dumebi’ Says It’s Crazy
- Crayon’s ‘Cray Cray’ EP tops Apple Music album charts
- Tiwa Savage Secures Recording Deal With Universal Music Group