Rt Hon Umaru Fintiri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been declared winner of the Adamawa State governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission so ion (INEC).
This followed the conclusion of collation of results of the supplementary governorship election, which was conducted in 44 polling units in 14 local government areas of the state on Thursday.
Fintiri polled a total of 376,552 votes from the main election on March 9 and the supplementary election of March 28 to beat his closest rival, Governor Mohammed Jibrilla Bindow, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who got a total of 336,386 votes from both elections.
Sen Abdulaziz Nyako of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) came third with 113,237 and was followed by Chief Emmanuel Bello of to the Social Democratic Party (SDP), who polled 29,792 votes.
- INEC Declares Governor Wike Winner Of Rivers State Gubernatorial Election
- Atiku, Saraki Congratulate Fintiri On Adamawa Guber Win
- Alhaji Ahmed Sokoto Deputy Governor Sokoto State Reportedly Resigns
- Ogun State PDP Picks Sen. Kashamu As Gubernatorial Candidate
- PDP Mocks APC Over Rented Crowd From Niger Republic For Kano Rally