The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has lost one of its top chieftains to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
The PDP former National Financial Secretary, Mr Bolaji Anani together with his supporters defected to APC to aid President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election bid. He was received by the President on Wednesday in Calabar at the party’s presidential rally in the state at the U.J Eusene stadium.
During the rally, Buhari re-echoed his administration’s determination to fight corruption and as well improve the economy.
He pledged his commitment to support farmers across the country with soft loans that would facilitate their farming activities for better output.
The President was also assured a bloc vote from the people of the region by the APC gubernatorial candidate Sen. John Owan-Enoh, come February 16.
The acting chairman of APC in Cross River State Mr. John Ochalla told Buhari that the massive turn out of supporters showed the willingness to vote the party during the elections.
“Mr President, I wish to bring to your notice that investors have been chased away in Cross River over multiple taxations by the PDP government.
“The Super Highway and Deep Sea Port projects are a monumental failure as both are still at groundbreaking level with nothing to show for three years after,’’ he said.
- Oshiomhole: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Handing Over Bakassi To Cameroon
- PDP Mocks APC Over Rented Crowd From Niger Republic For Kano Rally
- Buhari Denied Me Appointments After Spending N400 Per State For His Election – Saraki To Kwara People
- President Buhari Is Weak, He Cannot Rule – PDP
- Atiku Blasts APC At His North Central Rally