Raving Nigerian music act Burna Boy has addressed Nigeria as the home of ‘backward unprogressive fools’. The singer whose real name is Damini Ogulu fired shots on social media at his countrymen.
His latest episode of rage comes as a response to the severe backlash by Nigerians and other critics who think it was pride that led him to call out the organisers of the Coachella. Burna Boy was unhappy that his name was written is small fonts not worth of an African champion like him.
The Spaceship Entertainment act was called up alongside Mr Eazi to play at the Coachella in April.
Following criticisms, Burna Boy says he has been fighting for Nigerians and will still do. He said the country had the largest number of ‘not mentally advanced’ people, ‘backward unprogressive fools’.He, however, maintains he has genuine undying love for his country.
Read through his writeup below.
- Coachella: Burna Boy Accepts To Perform After Calling Out Organizers
- Burna Boy And Mr Eazi To Perform At Coachella 2019
- BET Awards: Burna Boy, Mr Eazi bag ‘Best International Act’ nomination
- Watch Highlights Of Mr Eazi’s Performance At Coachella
- Burna Boy Holds Private Listening For ‘African Giant’ Album