The National Judicial Council (NJC) has summoned an emergency meeting over the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen (CJN) over the weekend.
NJC would hold its emergency meeting on Monday, January 28, in Abuja.
Last Friday, President Muhammadu Buhari had suspended the embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen as recommended by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT). Justice Mohammed Tanko whose is the next most senior inline was appointed acting CJN.
According to reliable sources both Onnoghen and Tanko would not be allowed to preside over the meeting.
- Buhari Suspense Onnoghen, Appoints Mohammed Tanko As New CJN
- Code of Conduct Tribunal Suspends Onnoghen’s Trial Hearing
- Onnoghen Convicted By CCT Sacked Immediately
- Code of Conduct Tribunal Adjourns Onnoghen’s Trial Indefinitely
- Code Of Conduct Tribunal Orders Immediate Arrest of Onnoghen By Police