Nigerian street hop star Naira Marley has been hugging entertainment headlines in the past few weeks. The most recent being his arrest by personnel of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The anti-graft agency arrested Naira Marley alongside his industry colleague Zlatan Ibile and four others over cases of fraud. Before the arrested the ‘Japa’ crooner had released a new tune ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy?’ which has been trending for controversial reasons.
Following his arrest, Naira Marley has played down his recent arrest by EFCC as he has been through worst in England. According to him, he has been arrested 124 times in the UK by the police authorities.
He said this in an Instagram lives session, also stating that he wouldn’t be making any love songs or slow songs either.
He says; “I have been arrested one hundred and twenty-four times in England, you don’t know nothing about me. I don’t sing love songs or slow jam songs. I’ve been singing a gangster music from early, i’m a gangster. I don’t care about you idiots, about you illiterates chatting rubbish.”
- Burna Boy protest arrest of Zlatan and Naira Marley during concert
- Zlatan, Naira Marley remain in EFCC custody after arrest
- Naira Marley’s management release official statement over EFCC detention
- Naira Marley: Fans storm EFCC office Lagos to demand his release
- EFCC has returned Zlatan’s car and phone, says management