Yesterday news about the release of Zlatan Ibile from EFCC detention broke out late in the evening. The singer and his accomplice were released from custody after the met their bail conditions.
It was rumoured that Davido was chiefly involved in securing their release after hiring a SAN on their behalf.
In a new bit of news, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has given a statement on why Naira Marley was still held in detention while others arrested with him were granted release.
The anti-graft agency through its spokesman Tony Orilade said there was overwhelming evidence against Naira Marley.
“There is overwhelming evidence against Naira Marley; so we can’t afford to release him on administrative bail like Zlatan and the three others.
“That Zlatan has been released does not mean they have been discharged and acquitted. Naira Marley is still in our custody and will be charged to court soon and we will make the charges known in an official statement soon,” he said.
- Zlatan released by EFCC Naira Marley still in custody
- Naira Marley’s management release official statement over EFCC detention
- Naira Marley: Fans storm EFCC office Lagos to demand his release
- Zlatan finally gives Davido a shout-out after his release from EFCC
- EFCC has returned Zlatan’s car and phone, says management