The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Rt. Hon Umaru Fintiri as winner of Adamawa gubernatorial supplementary polls.
On Thursday, Prof. Andrew Haruna, The Returning Officer of the election declared the result of polls in 44 polling units across 14 LGAs. Fintiri garnered 376,552 votes to defeat his closest rival Governor Jubrilla Bindow of APC who pulled 336,386 votes.
Following the declaration of results from the just concluded election. Congratulatory messages have poured in to the Adamawa governor-elect Fintiri.
Among those who have sent in their good will messages are PDP’s presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar and Senate President Dr Bukola Saraki.
Congratulations to the man of our people, Governor-Elect Ahmadu Fintiri. The hope that our people in Adamawa repose in you is well placed and I look forward to working with you to make our state great again, Atiku tweeted.
Saraki also sent in his own words, Congratulations to Governor-Elect, Ahmadu Fintiri, on your victory in #AdamawaDecides. As you prepare to serve the great people of Adamawa State, I wish you grace, wisdom and utmost success on all fronts.
- PDP’s Umaru Fintiri Wins Adamawa Supplementary Election
- Atiku is a Cameroonian, APC tells presidential election tribunal
- 2019: Opposition Parties Adopt Atiku As Consensus Candidate
- Atiku Arrives In America, Meets With Business Community
- Obasanjo Expresses Confidences In Atiku’s Ability To perform