Simi is undoubtedly a very talented singer with a beautiful discography to her name. Besides music, the ‘Joromi’ crooner has ventured into acting. She made her acting debut in Kunle Afolayan’s movie ‘Mokalik’.
She shares her experience about making her Nollywood debut in a chat with Sunday Scoop. she stated that acting made her step out of her comfort zone.
“I am excited to be a part of this project. It helped me to come out of my shell and my comfort zone. I had to speak Yoruba throughout the movie and that was like the hardest thing for me to do. I also had to use some proverbs. But it still felt natural. It didn’t seem like anything was forced”, she said.
Although acting maybe a different turf than making music, Simi stated that the two share some similarities. She mentioned, “As an artiste, one goes for video shoots and these sometimes take days. So, I was already used to that part of being on set. Many of my music videos have a lot of acting in them as well.”
The singer who got married to fellow colleague and beau Adekunle Gold declined any remarks about her marriage. She said, “I am not going to say anything about my personal life,” she said.
- Simi says she is unhappy about Naira Marley’s arrest
- Adekunle Gold Pens Lovely Birthday Note To Mrs Kosoko (Simi)
- No Date Fixed Yet For Adekunle Gold & Simi White Wedding – Manager
- Adekunle Gold And Simi Set To Exchange Marital Vows Today As They Wed
- Honeymoon: Adekunle Gold And Simi Soak Up The Sun In Cape Town