The Nigerian Senate has adjourned all it legislative work until February 19 to enable lawmakers to prepare for the 2019 election.
The upper legislative house shut down its activities without considering the 2019 appropriation bill before it.
This comes only about two weeks after it resumed from the Christmas and new year holidays. This recess would afford the Senators time to prepare for the upcoming presidential and National Assembly elections.
Although the 2019 budget was not considered, the Minimum Wage Bill scaled the first and second reading.
- House Of Representatives Suspense Debate on 2019 Budget Until January 29
- New Minimum Wage: FG Allots N160B For Increase In Workers Salaries
- House Of Representatives Ready To Hear Buhari’s 2019 Budget Presentation
- 2019: Campaign For Presidential & National Assembly Election Starts Tomorrow 18th Nov 2018 – INEC
- Nnamdi Kanu Calls Off 2019 Election Boycott In Biafra